Real Estate Law Clerk
Macdonald Sager Manis LLP is presently recruiting for a Real Estate Law Clerk.
The successful candidate must have the following skill set:
- 5+ years of law clerk experience in real estate required
- Be a self-starter who is capable of working both independently and in a group setting
- Possess excellent oral & written skills
- Good communication skills and able to deal with clients in a professional manner, borrowers’ solicitor & lenders directly
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Possess strong organizational skills and must be able to complete a file from opening to reporting
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Word, Outlook, PC LAW
- Proficient in both Teraview, and Conveyancer (LLC)
- Handle all aspects of Real Estate files with minimal supervision
- Review agreements of purchase and sale and conduct appropriate searches, including off-title
- Draft transaction documents for purchase, sale and financing of residential property
- Prepare draft requisition letters and responses
- Prepare residential loan documents
- Register documents and prepare reporting letters to all various Lenders
- Attend meetings with clients to receive instructions, review documentation, have documents signed and report on status
- Liaise with clients, counsel, financial institutions, title insurance companies, land registry
- Raise potential issues to the attention of lawyer
- Obtain and review title insurance policies and endorsements
- Attend to closing of transactions and electronic registration of title documents
- Attend to maintaining files and records in accordance with Firm procedures
- Perform ancillary duties and administrative tasks as required
We offer salary commensurate with experience.
Please respond, in confidence to: Valerie Baldassare by email: [email protected].
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries or agencies, please.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all individuals. Should you require any accommodation during the application, interview or onboarding processes, please contact Human Resources.