Corporate Law Clerk
Corporate Law Clerk – 5+ Years of Experience
Macdonald Sager Manis LLP is presently recruiting a Corporate Law Clerk with 5 + years’ experience to work one on one with a senior lawyer with a busy corporate/franchise law practice.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Possess excellent communication (oral and written) skills;
- Possess excellent organization skills;
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint), Adobe; company and client management systems; online corporate law software registration and database systems (preferably Corplink); and PC Law.
- Be personable including being able to work with clients, other professional lawyers;
- Familiarity with franchise laws would be an asset/be willing to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing transaction document for the purchase and sale of businesses (asset or shares).
- Preparing supporting documents for transactions including various corporate resolutions.
- Preparing documents for the filing of articles of incorporation (online), business style registrations, articles of amendment, articles of dissolution, and corporate documentation in support of the foregoing, including drafting share provisions.
- Conducting in-depth due diligence of corporate records and providing detailed report including recommendation for rectification of deficiencies.
- Managing minute books.
- Preparing and coordinating the delivery of franchise disclosure documents.
- Preparing and coordinating documents for execution by prospective franchisees.
- General office and administrative duties related to the foregoing.
We offer group benefits, RRSP and salary commensurate experience. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
Interested applicants please send your Resume along with salary expectations by email to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries or agencies, please.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all individuals. Should you require any accommodation during the application, interview or onboarding processes, please contact Human Resources.