Accounting Clerk – 3 – 5 Years of Experience
Macdonald Sager Manis LLP is presently recruiting for an Accounting Clerk with three to five years of experience in a law firm accounting department.
The ideal candidate for this position will have knowledge of accounting principles and practices as normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Thorough knowledge of the bank reconciliation process and reporting requirements;
- Understanding of entries in the bank versus the books and their impact on the reconciliation process,
- Documented ability to analyze differences, perform investigations, and summarize results for reconciling items,
- Monitor all banking activities in order to detect irregularities;
- Investigate all transactions in order to prevent fraud;
- Provide accurate documentation for the purpose of supporting all financial transactions;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports for all 20 bank accounts – trust and general regarding all cash deposits and withdrawals;
- Assist Accounting Manager for any backups required for the auditors and external accountants;
- Reconcile and process transactions that are complex in nature;
- Maintain required filings in a well-organized manner, reports and collection of relevant data;
- Reconcile and rectify all ledger accounts to ensure accurate reporting of trust funds and general accounts;
- Follows up all transactions continuously and posts these accordingly. Provide updates to the Accounting Manager;
- Adhere to firm standards and procedures in all reconciliation activities;
- Perform all other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the firm and the accounting department;
- Issuing cheques as required;
- Reconciliation of Teranet and Cyberbahn charges;
- Back up in processing wires, certified cheques and other accounting duties as assigned;
- Assists in billing requirements for the firm;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, problem-solving, teamwork and customer service skills;
- Knowledge of PC Law an asset;
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines as required.
We offer group benefits, RRSP and salary commensurate experience. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
Interested applicants please send your Resume along with salary expectations by email to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries or agencies, please.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all individuals. Should you require any accommodation during the application, interview or onboarding processes, please contact Human Resources.